Saturday 10 March 2007

Little Bundles of Joy

Instead of spending my Saturday sorting my books by colour as promised, I visited Paddington Basin for a stroll and a spot of lunch.

I have sped (or crawled depending on the traffic) past the development many times on the west way and have always been intrigued about how it looked from the ground. I also wanted to see the famous Thomas Heatherwick unfolding bridge for myself.

The Dim Sum at Pearl Liang was top-notch - fresh, vibrant and plentiful - special mention for the peppered squid, lip tingling, crunchy chunks of deep fried goodness.


The bridge was kind of hard to appreciate in its closed state, we tried fiddling with the controls to get it to curl up, but to no avail (click the picture to see the bridge open)…


I love visiting a business district at the weekend, that whole tumbleweed feeling of emptiness is a refreshing break from the weekday hustle and bustle.

No comments: