Tuesday 3 June 2008

Richard Rogers at the Design Museum

Managed to get to the Design Museum last weekend to see their Richard Rogers retrospective.


It was a very enjoyable hour or two spent browsing an extraordinary body of work.

Especially memorable for me was this model of his master scheme for the South Bank - I first saw it as a young boy visiting an architecture exhibition at (I think) the Royal Acadamy. It was looking at this particular model that I vividly recall being inspired by 'design' for the first time and fascinated by the fact that people did this stuff as a job.



The other item of personal interest to me was the dome, I spent a couple of years working on two of the zones when I was at Park Avenue. One of which was this scheme for Rest, that was never built. The model must have been one of the (many) made to show of the interior to the great and the good and features our design.


The exhibition elements were built by our friends at DHA, who've just finished working for us on an installation at the Bentley factory in Crewe. Their level of detail and finish was as spot on as ever

No comments: